Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mariah Carey Blames Her Bizarre People’s Choice Awards Acceptance Speech For Champagne

People's Choice Awards 2010 - Show

Mariah Carey accepted the Favorite R&B Artist at the 2010 People’s Choice Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. last night (January 6).

The 40-year-old singer took the opportunity to explain her previous day’s bizarre acceptance speech at the Palm Springs International Film Festival. She said the drunk speech was due to enjoying some champagne with Precious director Lee Daniels.

We’d been sitting there celebrating this whole time, having little splashes, I hadn’t eaten, I pulled up, I didn’t want to be late so I rushed in, and that’s what it was.” the diva explained.

If people don’t understand me and just think I’m this girl that stands by a microphone and sings ‘Hero,’ then they’re definitely not going to get me,” she added.

Check out the Mariah Carey bizarre acceptance speech at the Palm Springs Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment